幻灯二
幻灯一

Tetrahydrofuran CAS#: 109-99-9

Tetrahydrofuran is used primarily (80%) to make polytetramethylene ether glycol, the base polymer used primarily in the manufacture of elastomeric fibers (e.g., spandex) as well as polyurethane and polyester elastomers (e.g., artificial leather, skateboard wheels). The remainder (20%) is used in solvent applications (e.g., pipe cements, adhesives, printing inks, and magnetic tape) and as a reaction solvent in chemical and pharmaceutical syntheses.

Tetrahydrofuran
Product Name: Tetrahydrofuran
Other Name: 1,4-epoxy-butan;agrisynththf;Butane alpha,delta-oxide;Butane, 1,4-epoxy-;butane,alpha,delta-oxide butanealpha,delta-oxide;Dynasolve 150;Hydrofuran
CAS#: 109-99-9
Molecular formula: C4H8O
Wormula weight: 72.11
EINECS#: 203-786-5
Structural formula:
Tetrahydrofuranwidth="41"
Tetrahydrofuran Chemical Properties
Melting point: 33-36 °C
Boiling point: 66 °C
Density: 1 g/mL at 25 °C
Vapor density: 2.5 (vs air)
vapor pressure: <0.01 mm Hg ( 25 °C)
refractive index: n20/D 1.465
Fp: >230 °F
storage temp. : 2-8°C
color: <10(APHA)
Water Solubility: miscible
FreezingPoint: -108℃
Tetrahydrofuran Users
Chemical Properties: Reactivity with Water No reaction; Reactivity with Common Materials: No data; Stability During Transport: Stable; Neutralizing Agents for Acids and Caustics: Not pertinent; Polymerization: May occur when the product is in contact with strong acids and bases; Inhibitor of Polymerization: No data.
Users: Tetrahydrofuran is used primarily (80%) to make polytetramethylene ether glycol, the base polymer used primarily in the manufacture of elastomeric fibers (e.g., spandex) as well as polyurethane and polyester elastomers (e.g., artificial leather, skateboard wheels). The remainder (20%) is used in solvent applications (e.g., pipe cements, adhesives, printing inks, and magnetic tape) and as a reaction solvent in chemical and pharmaceutical syntheses.